Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > How do I know an Authorized Dealer?
How do I know an Authorized Dealer?

14085 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-29 03:21:10

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    RonRock
    2014-03-01 08:18:23
     I am in the market for an MD802. How do I know if the seller is an authorized dealer? The company I am considering is Autointhebox and they have what appears to be an authorization form from Autel. But it has expired. Here is a link to their authorization,

http://www.autointhebox.com/original-autel-maxidiag-elite-md802-4-system-all-system-ds-model-free-update-via-internet_p1665.html

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-03 04:40:51 (Reply to:RonRock)

Hi Ron,

I bought an MD802 all systems from the same company a month ago, delivery took 4 days, excellent communication to the UK, this company is Chinese but don't be put off by that.  Autel is Chinese.  Came onto this website, registered the product when it arrived with the details from the code reader and came up as a genuine MD802 all systems, so the company is genuine.  Word of advice if you buy the MD802 back the SD card up to your computer and buy a new 8gb SD card, do not try to update the original card, the original card is usually 4gb and the updates nearly come to 7.5gb, plus trying to update the original loses earlier models of cars, so with an 8gb card downloaded from what you've saved on your PC off the first card download onto 8gb card, then update the 8gb card and keep the 4gb card to repair older cars if the 8gb wont do.  Anymore info or problems just let me know and I have the software on my computer and will send it to you.

Cheers Gary

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    RonRock
    2014-03-03 10:14:56 (Reply to:garyr)
     Thank You Gary.  I appreciate the pointers. I will defiantly replace the SD card. Is there a size limit that the MD802 will accept? The cards are cheap enough that I would like to replace with the largest that the MD will accept.

Good to hear that Autointhebox is a confirmed dealer. I'd hate to receive a counterfeit unit. Sounds like their shipping is reasonable also.

How do you like the MD802? I've read mostly good reviews, but as always there are some bad ones as well. Seems like a lot of trouble that stems from the actual Autel website and upgrade process. I've also read here in the forum something about a website upgrade that hopefully helps out with those issues. I wonder if that has been done yet? Or still in the future? I'm obviously new to Autel, so have no idea what is new or old.

Thanks,
    Ron

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-04 09:08:39 (Reply to:RonRock)

have heard on this forum 16gb been used as I said before my 8gb is now 7.5gb full with the update if I decide to save dater of cars may push it over the top or another update.

don't think you will find it any cheaper did look for weeks myself.

haven't fawned any thing it wont do and is very easy to use gets top marks from me. 

the cd that it comes with has outdated software but when you register the tool on here it gives you the chance to download to latest software all I can say is get the 802 and enjoy a very good tool.

any problems give me a shout.      

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    RonRock
    2014-03-06 05:18:17 (Reply to:garyr)
     Thank you Gary. I just ordered from Autointhebox. They did reply to my email asking if they were in fact an authorized dealer. And as you had said they are. So I am confident that I will receive a true Autel item.

I will take your advice and pick up a new larger SD card while waiting for delivery.

Thanks for your help,
    Ron

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-06 05:53:22 (Reply to:RonRock)

no problem Ron just remember don't allow your 4gb sdhc card to be updated down load 4gb card to your pc then transfer to 8-16gb SDHC card.  When you update card it will put authentication code back on new card and will give you a wider use of the tool, keep the 4gb card handy as it will help with older cars as I have heard by updating it puts the latest cars on but removes some of the older cars so you can put the 4gb card in on older cars or for any reason your new card gets corrupt.

one last thing make sure new card is SDHC

cheers gary

•   Level 5   
    (248) points
    ljs

2014-03-21 12:26:29 (Reply to:garyr)

hi gary any chance you can send me the soft where for the 802 as i lost the 1st sd card only got the upates 1 thanks larry, email english1larry@aol.com

•   Level 2   
    (47) points
    Leonard OBrien

2014-03-24 04:58:28 (Reply to:garyr)

I do agree Gary,
    back up first ,I lost some of my models

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Brian Belvin

2014-06-07 12:33:33

autointhebox is not a US dealer at all. I bought a maxi das ds708 from him and it was defective. Called Autel was told this and I had no warranty,tech service,or update. They where not going to do anything at first. Was told to send it back. Autointhebox would not respond to emails till I filled a claim with Paypal. Then they gave a bogus return address. Then they wanted me to ship to another address using USPS and lying on claim declaration value $45.00. That is a felony. Spoke with upper management in Autel us And they did replace unit for me after seeing that I was going thru. If you read Autointhebox return policy you see that returns are impossible because you can not track using USPS once it leaves the country. He is also on Ebay claiming to have L.A. warehouse. US buyers beware you get what you pay for.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Jake

2014-08-16 05:48:46 (Reply to:garyr)

Total2 Pages